Koaiʻa Corridor Native Plant Sanctuary & Restoration Project
Rehabilitation of degraded pastures and reforestation of a 2-mile riparian corridor totaling 360 acres, between Waiakamali and Luahine Streams on leeward Kohala. Habitats range from mesic forest to wet forest.
- Inspect and maintain boundary fences around all restoration areas
- Collect native seed, propagate and install native plants
- Monitor natural regeneration
- Provide opportunities for community engagement and service
Total Annual Budget:
- State of Hawaiʻi, Atherton Family Foundation, Hawaiʻi Community Foundation, Harbor Gallery