Control of Rauvolfia Vomitoria in North Kohala
Management of the globally-incipient invasive tree Rauvolfia vomitoria on both public and private land with the goal of stopping the spread and reducing the population.
- BIISC, NRCS, UH-CTAHR, Pacific Plains, New Moon Foundation
- Map the infestation (approx. 10,000 acres)
- Patrol boundaries and control outliers
- Inform conservation community and local community about the plant
- Reduce population to core infestation area
- Control spread to other areas on the island and in the State
- Conduct basic research on phenology, growth rates, control methods.
Total Annual Budget:
- State of Hawaiʻi, U.S. Forest Service